Thursday, April 9, 2020


Hi everyone! Did you know that there is power in our words? We can teach people new things and we can always continue to learn no matter how old we are. Ms. Theissen shared this awesome How-To writing on how to tie your shoes. Notice how the pictures match the words and it is broken down into each specific step? Sometimes I don't know how to spell a word and that's okay. I just stretch the sounds out and put the letters I hear. It's just important that I get my thoughts down on paper.
After reading this I began to reflect on all of the things I have learned since being in quarantine and how maybe I could teach those things to others. I have learned a lot about online learning and using Google Classroom and Google Meets. I have learned how to bake some new recipes. I have learned how to sit quietly and observe nature and so many more things. When I didn't know how to do something and needed to learn, I either read a book about it or watched a video. Now I can write How-To books on all of these things! What have you learned? Can you teach someone "How-To?"
~Mrs. Schwarz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Congratulations to the 5th Grade Class of 2020 from Calusa Elementary!  We are proud of your accomplishments and hope you enjoy the Moving ...